Getting to know PSAT and NMSQT - thinking ahead:
Mr. Klein's room
Mr. Klein's room
PSAT for Sophomores & Juniors
October 23rd- UAF Inside Out Day. Seniors are headed to Fairbanks! I have one spot left in the vans! Sign up outside of my door. See the link below for details.
ACT test in Mr. Klein's Room
ASVAB exam for 10-12th grade. Signup outside my door!
The dates have been entered and updated for the 2015-2016 school year. Be sure to check out the Redesigned 2015 PSAT and Redesigned March 2015 SAT. It'll be a bit confusing, but let me know if you have questions!
Open scheduling for the 2015-2016 on Tuesday (tomorrow) 8:45-12:00 & 1:00-3:45. First come first serve!
Please join us in the Large Gym for the annual Honors & Awards presentation on Monday at 2:00pm. The event is being streamed live at awards.kdhs.fm.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors with a 3.0 or higher wanting to become part of a nationally recognized chapter of the National Honor Society are asked to apply! Please download the application materials below. I WILL NOT ACCEPT HANDWRITTEN APPLICATIONS.
Materials due: Monday May 4, 2015 3:45 in Mrs. Pinkelman's Office
Student that are inducted will need to be present at the Honors & Awards assembly Monday May 11, 2015 1:00pm in large gym.
Click here to access application materials: NHS Application
The Student Conservation Association in Anchorage is looking for a summer trail crew. Students ages 15-19 who are interested in working in a hands-on outdoors work experience this summer should check out www.thesca.org/akcrew. This is an EXPENSE-PAID weekend orientation in April near Anchorage. The deadline was March 20th but check it out for next summer!
2016 is the year of changes for the SAT! Here are some highlights:
1. Assess relevant words in context
2. Answer questions the directly relate to the work performed in college and career. Interpret graphs/ charts likely to be encountered in science.
3. Support answers they choose
4. Analyze problems in science and history/ social studies
5. The essay will more closely mirror college writing assignments and promote a practice of reading a wide variety of arguments and analyzing an author's work
6. The test will include an excerpt from one of the U.S. founding documents and address conversations about freedom, justice and human dignity
7. Focus will be on 3 essential areas of math including problem solving and data analysis, Algebra (master of linear equations), Advanced Math.
8. The BEST YET: They changed the scoring! No more testing strategy!
1 point for correct answer
0 points for unanswered items
0 points for wrong answers
Be in the know by signing up for updates at: deliveringopportunity.org
Alerts for Seniors
Call Me Maybe?
Delta Greely School District
Alaska Performance Scholarship